Hanging of the Greens Service, November 30, 2013 at 7:00 pm
Craft Show – Saturday, October 5th, 2013 9am – 3pm
Lake Jackson United Methodist Church 4423 N. Monroe Street
Please bring some Can/Staple Foods For the Church Food Pantry-Sharing can be fun!
Have breakfast, snack or lunch while you shop!
Outside Spaces Available
The Pastor and the Leadership Council have set our mission, for 2013, as Lake Jackson UMC. God has blessed our church in so many ways over the years. Now, as we enter 2013, we find ourselves in a difficult place. The economy has been hard on many of us and it has affected the church as well. In response to these events, we feel that our mission for 2013 should be our own congregation.
All of our missions projects have been put on hold, with the exception of Redeemer’s Storehouse. We’re asking you to do the following in 2013.
1. Pray. The Bible teaches us that when we join together in fervent prayer that God will work miracles on our behalf. We’ve seen this in the health of many of our members. Now is the time for us to direct our prayers toward the Spiritual and financial health or our church.
- Pray for Spiritual Growth and passion for the ministry of LJUMC.
- Pray for those members who have been absent from our worship.
- Pray that God will bring an increase this year.
- Pray for God’s leading in your own giving.
2. Serve. Without the commitment and dedication of the body, a church will cease to fulfill its mission. We are asking you to consider where God would have you
serve this year. There are many choices for you.
- Worship– Join the choir or the praise band. Assist the band in set-up and take-down. Work with the decorating team. Serve in media ministry (we can train you). Volunteer as an usher, greeter, to lead the offertory prayer, to read Scripture. Make coffee in the morning for the congregation.
- Redeemer’s Storehouse– Volunteer your time to set-up, take down, work the registration table, serve as a personal shopper, bag groceries, or assist people to their cars.
- Children’s Ministry– Serve in the nursery or in children’s church.
3. Give. In the coming year, we’re asking you to prayerfully make a ‘faith promise’ to LJUMC.
- Make a “pledge” to be mindful of gifts from God that will help us both spiritually and financially. We do this spiritually every week when we share praise and thanksgiving…ever mindful of the blessings given to us. The “faith promise” pledge is to be looking for those extra financial gifts and give of those gifts to the church. For example…an unexpected rebate check for something you purchased or the electric bill is $75 less one month than anticipated at home, or the groceries cost $25 less for this week than budgeted….in each case, the “gift” of the extra money or unexpected savings is recognized and part of it is given towards the church financial situation.
If we all do our part and give as God leads, our church will emerge from this time, stronger and better able to reach our community for Christ.
“Each one should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly orunder compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” 2 Corinthians 9:7